Effective Date: March 5, 2018
1. Collection of Information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you subscribe to receive updates, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as full name, email address, zip code, and mobile phone number;
- Correspondence you send to us.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites the user visits, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. As a result, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
2. Use of Information
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information;
- Send you informational materials from us, our affiliated organizations, and trusted third-party partners;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Share information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
3. Disclosure of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including email deployment, service analytics, and data processing.
- Affiliated organizations. We may share your information with our affiliated organizations.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of the Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of InformedImmigrant.com, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
5. Your Choices
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
6. Third-Party Links, Content, and Cookies
Some of the Services may contain links to content maintained by third parties that we do not control. We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information automatically through the sites and online services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you visit the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
7. International Users
8. California Residents
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send an e-mail to the address listed below. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject matter of your request and include the name of the website or online service with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
11. Still Have Questions?